The following entries were written in the Perl category:
Version 1.041 of RDF::Query hit CPAN a few days ago.
I’ve been working on a bioinformatics project involving lots of suffix trees. The project involves generating suffix trees for each genome in a set, and using them to generate small profiles of the genome signatures.
I’ve been putting a lot of work into pure-perl RDF classes recently, and have been frustrated by some ongoing issues.
I went to Audrey’s fantastic “Deploying Perl 6” talk last night at the Boston.pm meeting at MIT.
It made my day to hear online yesterday that my pet project, RDF::Query, was saving someone’s ass at work.
I’ve just uploaded a new version of RDF::Query (version 1.028) to my site, and it should be available from the CPAN shortly.
I’m psyched to hear about Josh McAdams’ proposed BitTorrent Peer Library For Perl.
My MT-Redland paper just got accepted to SFSW at ESWC2005. Now I need to figure out how to make some changes without going over the page limit.
Spurred on by Libby’s work with cross-querying with Joseki, I’ve put up v1.014 of RDF::Query which will run queries with proper FILTERs, including custom function filters. Here’s an example of a custom function for finding images within a certain radius of a point.
I’ve resurrected my RDF::Query project, and added initial SPARQL support (with the new Turtle syntax!).
I’ve just put version 0.007 of MT-Redland online. This release mostly addresses the speed issues I talked about yesterday, which have been greatly improved. Also, I’ve got initial support for SKOS categories in CVS.
I’ve put up version 0.004 of MT-Redland, and I think it’s coming along really well. Here are some updates including screenshots of the interface to add semantic metadata, and a new search results page based on an RDQL query.
I’ve put up a new version of MT-Redland (v0.002), with a bunch of new features including hooks into the MT CMS code, allowing interface changes to the edit entry page.
In the spirit of release early, release often, I’m posting a first draft of a Movable Type ObjectDriver (storage backend) that uses Redland and mysql.
Well, PostgreSQL didn’t scale well, either. It hit a wall above 3 million rows (data from New England, California and Alaska). I’ve moved on to developing an R-Tree-based database in hopes that it will scale to the size of the entire Tiger/Line dataset.
MySQL support for spatial geometries is broken. There is no Distance() function, despite there being documentation for one. I’m trying to use PostgreSQL, but having only limited success.
I’ve been seeing a lot of the family, and doing a lot of programming.
And now I’m at MIT waiting for the start of the Boston ACM meeting and Dan Sugalski’s talk “Parrot in Detail.”
Encouraged by a rumor heard at last night’s Boston.pm meeting that my forests and frogs made the cut, I’ve finally slogged through the whole of Apocalypse 12. Sure enough, my RFC 254 gets a full thousand words of coverage, being solved in a most excellent way.
It appears that the RFC I wrote nearly four years ago for Perl 6 has been accepted by Apocalypse 12.
This weekend, I bolted an RDQL query onto RDF::Core in roughly 225 lines of code, and 25 lines of grammar. No matter how many times I look at it or use it, I’m always blown away by the power of Parse::RecDescent to implement a parser and lexer in such a perl-ishly concise manner.
I haven’t decided yet whether this is mildly clever or absolute nonsense, but I recently started using a Quantum::Superpositions object as my debug flag.
No matter how often I think about it, I’m always very impressed by Damian Conway’s programmer-friendly approach to his software design.
Work progresses on the IMAP server code, although I’ve apparently broken Outlook support. Go figure.
Dan knows “how the Lisp folks feel.” It seems his challenge to handily beat Python at running native Python bytecode was dismissed without much thought.
I really wish I had time for my old projects DB::Query and BingoX. I still find I can sneak in some time here and there to keep up to date on CSS and follow the developments on some of the…
It’s a great feeling to have things just come together all at once. Today I worked on my thesis for 12 hours straight, and got more work done on it than I have in many weeks. Of course, twelve…